Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Smoked Cod Pot Pie Recipe




  • 500g Smoked Cod
  • 2tbsp. Butter
  • 2tsp. Curry Powder
  • 1tbsp. Plain Flour
  • 1 1/2 cups Milk
  • 300g Frozen Mixed Vegetables
  • 800g Potatoes (cooked & mashed)
  • 2/3 Cup Fresh Parmesan Cheese (grated)



Boil fish until tender, drain well & remove all the skin & bones.
Flake the fish into pieces & place in a bowl, add the frozen vegies & gently combine.


Heat butter in a small saucepan, add curry powder & flour cook for 1 minute to develop the flavour from the curry powder. Stir in milk, stirring until the mixture boils & thickens. Pour sauce through the fish & vegetable mixture.


Stir the grated parmesan cheese through the hot mashed potato ( I always whip my mash with the electric beaters to make a light fluffy potato topping) 
Place your mashed potato on top of your fish/veg mixture & cook in a 180c oven until nicely browned on top.
ENJOY!

Does certain food evoke memories of the past for you? It does for me.
 I made this pie a few days ago. I hadn't made it since my two eldest children were very very young. It bought an instant picture to my mind of my eldest (soldier boy) sitting up at our breakfast counter with a big spoonful saying "This is yum MUM" then laughing as he had rhymed his words, then his little sis who had just started talking copied  his exact words "This is yum MUM" 
 (she ALWAYS copied whatever  he said)

Caroline xoxo


3 comments:

Tania said...

This sounds so yummy Caroline, thanks for sharing the recipe. To get my mashed potato creamy, I beat with a wooden spoon, works a treat :)

I like cooking recipes that remind me of the past especially when it is something my grandmother used to make, Mine never tastes as good though...

x

Kimmie said...

Looks really tasty!

MARCO PASHA said...

Your son was right it really sounds yummy....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails